Hackney Community Learning Festival – Free Launch Today
TSSA Learning is joining up with providers in Hackney to develop learning initiatives for local workers, their friends, family and the wider community.
The exciting new initiative is launching today and features a week long learning festival, Making Learning Work – TSSA Hackney Festival. The fantastic free programme includes: volunteering, memoir-writing, african drumming, creative writing and so much more.
Accredited or non-accredited; for fun or professional development, TSSA believe that learning and educational opportunities should be at the heart of our communities and open to everyone. Working with Union Learning Reps and Community Learning Champions we will be hosting a number of workshops and events throughout the borough.
Full details of the launch today here:
Making Learning Work: Hackney Festival Launch | Saturday 9th February | 12.00-5.00pm | ELISE Centre,24-30 Dalston Lane, E8 3AZ
Book your place: http://tssacommunitylearning.eventbrite.co.uk/
- Interactive stalls; information from local colleges, community groups and other learning providers. Careers advice; info on healthy living; navigating the education system and much more.
- Workshops and tasters sessions include:
- Hackney Stream – Have your voice heard on radio. Come and learn some of the tricks of the trade of broadcasting. And get your opinion across via Hackney Stream who will be broadcasting from the event.
- African Dance & Drumming. Performance and mini-workshop
- Make good films with your mobile device and show them to the world in just 15 minutes. Bring your smartphone, tablet, digital SLR or video camera and learn these essential skills. With Richard Hering from visionOntv.
- ‘Dismantling Architecture’ a paper model and sketching workshop using charcoal and chalk . The workshop breaks down and demystifies some of the methods of basic design for architecture, introducing you to some sketching techniques using paper modelling. This workshop is designed for those who have little to no drawing or design experience – although all levels of experience are welcome!
- Getting active in your community. Feel passionately about an issue in your community and want to form an effective group, but don’t know how to get started? Learn how to bring people together to have a voice locally. Workshop led by the TSSA Community team
- ‘Know your housing rights!’ a housing rights workshop for private renters in Hackney led by Digs Hackney Renters Campaign group and journalist Ben Reeves Lewis.
I am Joint Editor at To Do List. I like free, cheap & offbeat London, especially: cabaret, art, theatre, pop-ups, eating out, quirky films, museums, day trips, social enterprise & much more.