8 Things You Need to Know about Summerhall Fringe 2015
It’s time to get excited about Summerhall Fringe 2015! Our favourite offbeat venue at the Edinburgh Fringe returns with its most ambitious programme yet!
Here are 8 things you should definitely look out for:
1. Returning Producers
Check out the video below for an awesome time lapse of the PP’s pop-up prototype:
2. The Place joins the line up for a taste of extraordinary dance
3. Northern Stage brings stories from around the world to Edinburgh
Summerhall has had the bulldozers in, to create a brand new space for Northern Stage’s humongous smörgåsbord of a programme. Whether it’s a dissection of reputation and how we see each other, or the raw power of new female voices detained at Her Majesty’s pleasure, the programme is sure to surprise.
4. Aurora Nova makes an animated return to Summerhall
Here’s what caught our fancy from the Berlin-based producers, Aurora Nova:
- Antiwords – absurd comedy from the Czech Republic.
- The Animotion Show – live painting spectacular.
- 17 Border Crossings – a chameleon of a show, fusing stand-up, spectacle and myth.
Taking over the Dissection Room with fringe cabaret followed by a Vogue Ball every Tuesday.
6. Incredible shows from around the world are arriving at Summerhall
There’s an impressive array of work from international groups, including:
- Smoke and Mirrors Collaborative’s “Ndebele Funeral” – a riotous and real exploration of contemporary South Africa as seen from a Soweto shack.
- ZENDEH’s “Cinema” – a cat pleads with Death for one more life, to tell the stories of those who died in the 1978 Cinema Rex fire of Abadan, Iran.
7. 400-capacity Live Music Venue in the Dissection Room
The live music programme Nothing Ever Happens Here is packed full of off-kilter musicians & artists, including Sun Kill Moon, Orkestra del Sol, and the much-hyped Owen Pallett.
8. Own-brewed Beer & Gin On Site!
Need we say more?