10 Saucy Highlights of the London Wonderground on the South Bank London
Our home away from home, London Wonderground, returns to the South Bank with an amazing programme of cabaret, comedy, circus and MORE!
We’ve picked out our Top 10 London Wonderground shows for your easy reading – just scroll on down and see what tickles your fancy. For full programme details, make sure to check out www.londonwonderground.co.uk
1. LIMBO | 10th May – 29th September | 7.15pm Tues – Sun / 3pm Matinee Sats | Tickets from £10
From the creators of hit shows CANTINA and TOM TOM CREW come their latest thrilling production. Witness heart-stopping illusions, gravity-defying manoeuvres and explosions of hybrid dance, all infused by delirious melodies and hedonistic beats from LIMBO’s love band of musical chameleons.
2. MISS BEHAVE’s PLEASURE AID AND SOCIAL CLUB | Saturday 11th and 25th May, 01st June at 9.30pm | £15.50 / £14.00
Tired of everything meaning something? Just wanna have fun? Then look no further. An evening of dancing and silliness awaits hosted by Miss Behave and starring Woody Bop Muddy’s Record Graveyard, Raymond and Mr Timpkins and many, many more.
3. ALTERNATIVE EUROVISION | Friday 17th May at 9.15pm | £17.50/£16
Help us crown the 2013 champion! Welcome to the glamorously absurd world of Alternative Eurovision, where the cream of the alternative cabaret crop present their own entries to this crazy camp and s0-very-kitsch competition, this year’s line-up includes Jonny Woo, Sarah-Louise Young, Marcel Lucont and many, many more.
4. SILENCIO | Saturday 18th May, 29th June, 27th July, 03rd, 10th , 17th August and 14th Sept at 9.30pm | £17.50/£16.00 (not a seated event)
Enter the silent scene of film, cabaret, disco and live music the prepare yourselves for an immersive trip to a parallel world. This will be the first ever cabaret re-imagining of silent film classics and a surreal “Twilight Zone”, you are invited to wander into Silencio and experience the spectacle of cabaret and variety, entwined with live music.
5. CIRCA: BEYOND | 3, 10, 17 June at 7.15pm & 4, 11-16, 18 – 23 June at 9.15pm No performances 14 and 20 June | From £15.50/£14.50
Circa are quite simply one of the world’s great contemporary circus companies. Their new show Beyond, combines stunning circus skills with a joyous reflection on the absurdity of our species. Acrobats hang, lift and balance in a series of ever-more challenging acrobatic configurations. Venture Beyond to discover the animal within and what makes us human.
6. AL MURRAY THE PUB LANDLORDS SOUTHBANK SALOON | Saturdays 6th, 13th and 20th July at 9.15pm | £25.50
The Nation’s favourite pub philosopher turns pop-up publican, bringing his satirical genius to London’s Wonderground, where he will be joined by a host of special guests each night – comedy, variety and music are all on tap in this show. The ringmaster of rabble-rousing invite you to his jumped-up tent saloon bar for 3 nights only – don’t miss.
7. EYES DOWN! BINGO WITH IDA BARR | Saturday 8th and 29th June and 3rd August at 5pm | £10.00
The legendary Bingo sessions return to London Wonderground, prepare to grab your dabbers and win top prizes! Along the way expect laughter, sing-songs, dancing and a generous dose of topical laughter.
8. LE GATEAU CHOCOLAT: 1<3 CHOCOLATE | 3rd 7th and 30th July at 9.15pm | £15.50/£14
The outrageous, larger-than-life, operatic star of La Soiree and La Clique brings his latest sequin-studded, lycra-clad extravaganza to London for three nights only.
9. THIS SHOW HAS NO NAME | Monday 8, 15 July at 7.15pm, Monday 16 September at 7.15pm, Tuesday 17 September at 9.15pm | July performances are FREE but ticketed/Sept performances £8 / £7
From the c0-creator of the interactive sensation Office Party, this is you chance to be part of the most advanced experimental piece of theatre ever devised. It’s innovative, it’s clever but above all, its damn good entertainment. Presented by Christopher Green.
10. BRIEFS: THE SECOND COMING | Thurs 19 – Sat 21 Sept and Wed 25 – Sat 28 Sept at 9.15pm | £15.50/£14
Fresh from glitter bombing the globe, the cult variety show returns to London with a brand spanking new show. The all male, all vaudeville, all trash brat-pack are in lock-down at the Wonderground ready to unleash ‘The Second Coming’> This is burlesque with balls.
I am Joint Editor at To Do List. I like free, cheap & offbeat London, especially: cabaret, art, theatre, pop-ups, eating out, quirky films, museums, day trips, social enterprise & much more.