John The Unicorn – New Peckham Pub Alert
John the Unicorn is the latest & most madly named pub to appear in Peckham’s Rye Lane.
The pub will open on Thursday 25 February 2016 and is the eagerly anticipated latest addition to Antic London’s eclectic stable of over 40 pubs.
Launch night at John The Unicorn invites natives and travelling Londoners alike to become familiar with their new neighbourhood friend over drinks and street food connoisseurs Hao Hao Chi who’ll be offering up fresh and flavoursome Chinese bites from 7pm until 12am.
Here’s 5 reasons why we think you should visit:
- The name: The name is inspired by a magical stuffed childhood toy.
- The area: this pub-café-den hybrid will land slap bang in the middle of vibrant Rye Lane, in the heart of Peckham.
- The decor: The shabby-chic interior is made up of industrial brickwork, exposed beams, textured wallpaper and marble surfaces.
- The brews: The bar will have a roster of cask ales and rotational beers direct from local brewers Orbit Beers and Gypsy Hill Brewing alongside the occasional cocktail or two.
- The food: Once completed, the pub’s modern cookhouse will serve a bounty of modern & traditional British plates including favourites and quirky edits suitable for all palettes, sourced from a mix of local and nationwide traders.
Let the legend begin…
I am Joint Editor at To Do List. I like free, cheap & offbeat London, especially: cabaret, art, theatre, pop-ups, eating out, quirky films, museums, day trips, social enterprise & much more.