Win Gin & Get Stuck In to the Ultimate Aldi Cocktail Guide
Hit the gin (responsibly) with some world-class lockdown cocktails!
Celebrating the launch of its new botanical gin range, Haysmith’s, Aldi has teamed up with ‘flavour guru’ Pritesh Mody for a collection of cocktail recipes you can knock up in the safety of your own home.
Check out some of the amazing recipes below – and if you fancy trying the Matcha Made In Heaven, or just need a new mixer for those shots of tonic, you should definitely…
ENTER OUR COMPETITION TO WIN A BOTTLE OF DISTRICT COCONUT & LIME GIN!
Get swept away to paradise with Aldi’s coconut and lime gin. Citrus bursts through sweet coconut … close your eyes and imagine you’re on a tropical island!
We have ONE BOTTLE of District Coconut & Lime Gin to give away, courtesy of Aldi!
For a chance to win, just sign up to our mailing list by 11:59pm on Friday 15th May 2020, using the form below…
Cocktail Recipes to try at home…
The Infusionist Cup
- 2 Strawberries
- 65ml Strawberry Lemonade Gin Liqueur
- 65ml Chilled Veuve Monsigny Champagne
- Peel of ¼ of a lime
- Cut 2 strawberries into quarters, place in Champagne glass
- Peel of ¼ of a lime, twist into the glass to release oils
- Pour in 65ml of Chilled Liqueur
- Add 100ml of Chilled Champagne and serve.
- 35ml Aldi Sea Dog Spiced Rum
- 25ml Haysmith’s Seville Orange and Lime Gin
- 5ml Aldi Golden Syrup
- 20ml Grenadine
- 15ml tablespoon Aldi Marmalade
- 30ml Lime juice
- Garnish Orange wheel
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake HARD with ice
- Pour into a tall glass of crushed ice
- Garnish with an orange wheel.
- 35ml Saint Gérmont Réserve Vodka
- 25ml Orange Blossom & Peach Gin
- 15ml Elderflower syrup
- 25ml Lemon Juice
- 2 dashes Peychaud Bitters
- Garnished with edible gold flakes
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with cubed ice
- Shake until the outside of the cocktail shaker turns cold
- Strain into a chilled martini glass
- Garnish with a slim twist of lemon rind or edible gold flakes.
Matcha Made In Heaven
- 50ml Coconut & Lime Gin
- 25ml Full Fat Coconut Cream
- 25ml Lime Juice
- 20ml Sugar Syrup
- 1cm piece of ginger, finely grated
- 25ml Egg White / Chickpea water (vegan)
- Matcha powder
- Shake all ingredients HARD with ice in a cocktail shaker
- Strain into a martini glass
- Garnish with Matcha powder.
- 50ml Topaz Gin
- 15ml lime juice
- 15ml simple syrup
- 60ml cucumber and basil juice*
*Blend 6 basil leaves and 100g cucumber with 50ml water in a blender.
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker
- Shake and strain into a martini glass
- Garnish with a basil leaf.
- 800ml Aldi apple juice
- 800m Aldi pineapple juice
- 250ml Aldi orange juice
- Sugar syrup prepared with 6 tablespoons caster sugar in 200ml boiling water and left to cool
- 400ml Old Hopking White Rum
- 600ml Old Hopking Dark Rum
- 200ml Haysmith’s Mango and Passionfruit Gin
- 200ml Oscar’s Peach Schnapps
- 250ml Napoleon Brandy
- One bottle of chilled Veuve Monseigny Champagne
- 4 Fresh limes
- Garnish with a selection of hopped fresh and exotic fruit
- Make up your sugar syrup by dissolving 6 tablespoons of caster sugar in 200ml boiling water. Leave to cool before adding to the cocktail mix
- Pour several handfuls of ice cubes into your treasure chest or punch bowl
- Add 800ml apple juice, 800ml pineapple juice, 250ml orange juice, and stir
- Squeeze in the juice of 4 fresh limes
- Add in 400ml Old Hopking White Rum, 600ml Old Hopking Dark Rum, 200ml Cocobay White Rum & Coconut, 200ml Haysmith’s Mango and Passionfruit Gin, 250ml Napoleon Brandy
- Top with a bottle of chilled Veuve Monseigny Champagne
- Stir to blend and add more ice cubes if desired
- Finally, add a selection of chopped fresh fruit e.g. pineapple, lemon, orange and passion fruit to garnish.
*Competition entrants must be at least 18 years of age. Existing mailing list subscribers should still complete the form to enter the competition – your subscription will not be duplicated. Entries must be received by 11:59pm on 15th May 2020. One winners will receive a bottle of District Coconut & Lime Gin. The prize is non-transferable. If a winner does not claim their prize within 24 hours of being notified, the prize may be forfeited and another winner selected. Only one entry per email address will be valid. No cash alternative.
I am Joint Editor at To Do List. I like: nice pubs, film marathons, not doing real marathons, bad comedy, plays/musicals with shorter second halves, and the Oxford comma.