FREE COFFEE, WINE & PHILOSOPHY – ALL NIGHT TONIGHT 7PM-7AM
We can’t wait for tonight’s FREE intellectual binge at the Institut Francais near South Kensington from 7pm. More details about this incredible FREE event on the Facebook event here or check out the website here: www.mynightwithphilosopher
Here is our list of why you should go and have a jolly good think:
1.It’s the first ever night of philosophy, cinema, music and arts in London… and it’s FREE! With discussions, films, debates, music, lectures, arts, live readings and more, this is philosophy like you’ve never experienced it before.
2. FREE COFFEE all night and FREE wine from 1am-2am which should help you muse philosophically.
3. Philosophy Film Lab including works by Jacques Derrida, Gilles Deleuze and Monty Python.
4. Performances including: Rien ne sert d’exister: A hilarious philosophical stand-up comedy in French!
5. Live Readings performed by actors of
– Descartes and Hobbes, Third Objections and Their Replies
– Gilbert Ryle, Ordinary Language
– Ludwig Wittgenstein, Lecture on Ethics
– Bernard Williams, Liberty. The Construction of a Political Value
– Jacques Rancière, The Emancipated Spectator
6. Lectures Over 50 outstanding French and British philosophers will be discussing topics as diverse as ‘Love and Feminism’, ‘Dreamers and Zombies’ or ‘Nietzche, Nihilism and the Death of God’!
7. Special Treats:
/// FREE coffee
/// Saint-Emilion Wine!
/// Philosophy Book Sale (Oxford University Press)
/// Philosophy Tee-Shirt Sale! www.tresnormale.com
/// Café Philo: discuss philosophy with your friends!