Free Entry to Spiritland New Music-Inspired Lounge
Spiritland is a unique new space residing at Merchant’s Tavern (off Great Eastern Street in EC2) – perfect for listening to and appreciating music of all shapes and sizes and that you won’t hear everywhere else, at your leisure!
Free to the public, it will open on 6th October 2014 and run 7 days a week for 3 months, until 1 January 2015 in the bar at Merchant’s Tavern, EC2 – before opening as a new music-focused members club next year.
Plus, if you’re a muso get ready to get seriously geeky with Tannoy Westminster GR Horn Loudspeakers and a host of other supreme quality sound equipment!
Confirmed guests & nights for Spiritland’s residency at Merchant’s Tavern this Autumn 2014 include:
- Hot Chip’s Alexis Taylor
- An entire night of Prefab Sprout from Rhodri Marsden
- Luke Howard from Horse Meat Disco will bring the world to EC2
- Fred Deakin of Lemon Jelly, who will be digging out some unexpected spooky horror sounds on Hallowe’en.
- An evening dedicated to Lou Reed on the 27th October, the anniversary of his death
- Charlotte Hatherley (formerly of Ash) playing her selection of electronic film soundtracks from Vangelis to Angelo Badalament
Check out the full Spiritland programme here and some rather awesome playlists from the guest curators here
I am Joint Editor at To Do List. I like free, cheap & offbeat London, especially: cabaret, art, theatre, pop-ups, eating out, quirky films, museums, day trips, social enterprise & much more.