Carnesky’s Finishing School – New Cabaret School & Venue in Soho
Carnesky’s Finishing School Soho is now open for class. It’s an alternative stage school, exhibition space and cabaret venue run by cult cabaret queen Marisa Carnesky in conjunction with Associate Artist John Lee Bird and Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club.
Carnesky’s Finishing School Soho | The Basement, 6 – 12 Manette Street, London W1D 4AT | Open for courses and special events only
Until January 2017, CFS Soho is the only dedicated full time alt-cabaret school and event space in London (and possibly the world). On Sunday we open the doors of our purpose-made venue in the heart of Soho.
The latest cohort of CFS graduates will be showing all new works, developed on the very first CFS intensive course run at CFS Soho, under the radical tutelage of Marisa Carnesky and Lisa Lee (UNDERCONSTRUCTION/Rude Grrl).
Here’s why you should go from the CFS team:
- Watch talent as it becomes emergent in front of your very eyes!
- Gasp at the originality and scope of cabaret’s latest pretenders!
- Be the first to get a peek at John Lee Bird’s Before Encore 10 year retrospective exhibition!
- Come and check out the Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club pop-up bar in the basement of the old Foyles building Soho!
Here’s some upcoming highlights:
- CFS Soho Alumni Show – Tom Cassani (18 October 2016): A chance to see the new work coming out of the school, Tom’s show is entitled ‘Someone Loves You Drive With Care’.
- CFS Soho Workshop Weekends: Lucy McCormick (22 October 2016): We loved her show ‘Triple Threat’ and interviewing her here and now she’s ready to school you.
There will be more than 15 courses & workshops available during the school’s Soho residency, including weekend workshops by guest artists such as Scottee, Lucy McCormick, Mr Teds, Figs in Wigs & Owen Parry.
CFS Soho is supported by Crying Out Loud, Soho Estates and Arts Council England